Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Obs day

ManOman! The past 2 days were a punishment for my hike up the Mooster.

Totally polaxed I just lie in the bathroom or the bed and sleep or puke. I am not human anymore boohoo. Pity pity.

I met my obstetrician today for the first time. he is a busy man so it was a whirlwind. luckily Bug made notes of everything he said which is a godsend as i cannot remember a single thing that I have to do from now on!

Bug also advocated for me how shitly sick I have been (I had lost yet more weight by that weigh in). We told him that I cannot eat and drinking is really hard and mostly comes up again. He perscribed me a canadian mornign sickness drug called Diclectin and I have to take x4 a day. he said to just sip at least a litre a day, sip every 10 minutes all day.

He also said no activities esp hiking as I am dehydrated and must not be dehydrated. I am kind of relieved.

He also did not believe that I am only 8 weeks pregnant when my last period date should make me 12 weeks pregnant so I have to arrange an early scan as soon as possible.

Also, sad news as my Granny died. My lovely Grandma Lily who I most took after in the whole family. We are both strapping women, very clumsy and forgetful. She was just great and was one of the peeps behind me being such a keen swimmer. She loved the outdoors and was sport to anything we demanded of her!

I did once nearly kill her by accident about 8 years ago. She has angina and I had cooked my favourite recipe of Jamie Oliver's Thai green curry for supper when she was visiting us for Christmas. I couldn't find the usually large green chillis from the recipe so I bought lots of very little green ones instead and just blended them all into the paste.....I was a chilli dummy as the meal was SO HOT we nearly blew up. It was inedible, disgusting and a health hazard. We all gave up immediately, but Gma refused to and she had tears running down her cheeks. Then she had an angina attack and we had to get her tongue spray from her bag. Made her eat baked beans on toast after that.

In terms of how I feel, today was not as bad as usual. Maybe it is going!

No comments:

Post a Comment