Sunday, August 23, 2009

Rough few days with some fluffy clouds on the horizon

Rough few days and passed out today in the kitchen! Since I spoke to mum I have tried porridge and it is just like she said it would be. it is easy to absorb and if it does come up then it does not taste offensive. I use 1 minute oats.

On the upside, yesterday we went to friends house for dinner. Bug and i decide to let them know that I am pregnant and cannot eat as I do not want to offend them. plus they would guess anyway as I am not drinking and everyone always catches out the pregnant women that way.

I get a bit more 'fluffy' as the day goes on and I woudl say I am on form at our pals house! I even manage some food yaay! I eat pita bread slices and the dish L made is like a ratatouile and I have a small bit of that. it is yummy. OH AND CHEESECAKE She has made a baked cheesecake. I have a little bit of that.

On the drive home i feel pretty good :) This puts me in a good mood as Bug's parents are coming out here soon and I have been stressing about it a lot. Bug nearly cancelled their trip when I went to hospital. He is swamped at work too and has the biggest presentation of his career the week after they come! The timing isn't great but they do not know about me yet so that is not their fault.

One more thing and that is http://www.helpher.org/
It is a website I found when i googled 'hyperemesis'. It is full of comprehensive research and info about HG and treatments, support groups for mums, dads and family and friends. It is very helpful....a bit sad and moany. That is understandable as their are people on this who are having a dreadful time and need support. Some women on this are almost dead. Honestly! They have it for 9 months and have to be permanently wired up to a feeding machine and do not eat or poop for months. I think some people have died from it. One women posts that her daughter has passed away from it :-(. I imagine with no medical intervention one could. With the meds and IV help i would be buggered - not dead but worse than this.

No comments:

Post a Comment