Sunday, August 9, 2009

Will you .........



(The Moose with lighting over it - this is a good trail for running, one for the future)

I am crap at hiking now! I can't eat solids so feel very weedy and I know I am slow. For the hike I have oranges cut into quarters to suck on. They are easy but quite acidy so they do make me sick as well! I also have some still water to sip today...we'll see!

Moose Mountain is in Kananaskis Country and actually if you have wa
tched Brokeback Mountain you will know Moose as it is the central location where Jack and Ennis herd their sheep and Ennis at night looks down onto Jack's camp below.

K Country is beautiful and wild and only 45 minutes drive from our house. Before I started getting sick we would be cyclo-crossing our bikes on the MTB trails all around here. It is a free use area. In the national parks cycling is restricted onto roads and I have not yet mentioned how big the gino vehicles are and how bad Albertan drivers are.

So, back to Moose as something great happened today which is why I am blogging again so quickly! BUG PROPOSED!! Yes!!!! on the meadows of Brokeback Mountain. I said yes yes yes ...are you sure...yes yes yes ....really me??? ooh yes please thank you blah blah. He did have to propose twice as a daft French couple, the only other people in the vast open meadows at that time decided to sit 2 metres behind us!!! They had the entire meadows to roam and find somewhere to sit but no, they practically sat on us just as Bug was on his knee proposing to me! Bug whisked me behind a bush and proposed again and I gave a much more demure 'yes' that time.

(looking down onto the meadows - we hid in the bushes to the left)

YIPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

A lighting storm was raging over us so we hastily made our way back to the car. I totally bonked out on the way back and the last 2k was impossible. Bug got a bit moody with me and went off ahead, I didn't mind as I had the bear spray and he wants to marry me.

No comments:

Post a Comment