Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Told my MUM

I told my mum today that I was up the duff.

I said Mum (pause) erm guess what
'You're pregnant!"
"shit mum, how do you always manage to figure me out???"

She should of been a detective that woman. Anyway then she screamed and squealed for ages and clapped and cried and laughed and was just deeeeelighted.

How she suprises me. in fact everyone suprises me, I should not be so judgemental in the future. Asking is better than assuming.

So then she gets very interesting. I tell her about being really ill and not enjoying this one iota and guess what?

Well, it turns out that my mum had this too with her twin prego. She had HG and was signed off work for 4 months. This is unbelievable news. My mum has had ME/ CFS and she battled her way into work as much as she could with that illness, she was a workaholic and it was a big factor in the mum and dad divorce. So for my Mum to of been off work for 4 months is shocking news, I never would of imagined it but she was totally polaxed too!

I tell her that I am unable to eat and puking everything up. She recommends porridge made with water in very small doses a few times a day, sleeping and that's it. She also had toxima at month 7. I don't know what that is but i make a note to tell my OBs as she says it is important.

Sounds like she has a shit pregnancy with 2 illness and then the suprise of twins at the end. Poor mummy!


No comments:

Post a Comment