Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Things can only get...

Better..croak!

Soooo I think things will get better from now on.

I took a big nose dive late last week. I am not sure what I did wrong, I felt that I was managing it pretty well but by Saturday I couldn't drink anymore. Funnily I eat could toast with banana but the sick was sore coming up as the toast was sharp.

Sunday was the same, no drink would stay down however small the sips. It was also the day when Bug was away for 5 nights in Banff at a conference. He has been doing everything so to be without the Bugster was going to be scary!

I knew on Sunday that I had to go back to the hospital but I also knew that Bug would cancel his conference if I did that so I waited until Monday to go. Big mistake! that night I was sick for hours, blood and bile so by the time i got into bed for a sleep I was seriously worried that I might not wake up.

Not kidding but I was that worried. Why did I not call an ambulance? I have no idea.

I went to the hospital at noon the next day and weighed 2 k less than just the other day. I also had not been able to wee since sunday morning. I passed out in my seat in the waiting room and got taken through quickly (also a relief as there were people complaining of flu!).
The nurse has a look a me and said
"soo...you are 4 weeks pregnant... "
"No, I am 4 months, with twins'
"oh..hmm"

I couldn't wee still and the nurse took some blood...only no blood would come out either! some filled about 1/2cm of a vial and they were pumping my arms and squeezing it downwards with their hands but no more came out.

What they did have was a nice red though!

Anyway I had a load of IVs HEATED up this time. the nurse man looking after me was a real gem. He was so interesting and also interested in people. I could hear him asking real questions to patients that meant he was also listening to their replies. I hope that he knows how good he is. I had some more zofran too. I coudln't leave until I could drink still water without vomiting.

Anyway after all of that my OBs has agreed for me to stay on zofran. I am 16 weeks now.

Things will get better on this drug - I have read enough about its effects.

No comments:

Post a Comment