Monday, September 28, 2009

More weight loss :-(

Got weighed at the OBs today and I am still loosing weight. I have now lost 13% of my 5 week pregnancy weight. I am nearly 15 weeks.

I was struggling so hard to loose weight before I got pregnant but nothing shifted. I was training for the Calgary Half Ironman and cycling, running and swimming! I have realised that i was eating to much, I do love food. How weird to loose all this weight.

But apart from the early hikes I have been sedentary. Bed bound in the week and not much more at weekends. I do eat porridge, banana and toast and banana at the moment. I have the occasional 'fluffy patch' when I can eat or drink a bit more than usual. I am suprised that the weight is still falling. I am still producing ketones though which means weight loss....

My doctor is not worried about the eating but he is concerned about my fluids and says that I am dehydrated again. I can only drink fizzy water recently. No tea, nothing but San Pellegrino and he is not happy with this.

We talk about going on Zofran continously and not just when I get IVs but he wants me to get to 16 weeks first. I had been grovelling to my new family doctor for Zofran too (as he is nearer my house) but he would not prescribe it either.

For now I am stuck on x8 diclectin a day and x2 ranititsomething Zantacy. I think Zantac is good but diclectin does nothing! Half the time i am sick just taking the pills.

For now they both want me to get Zofran from the hospital when I have IVs and wait till 16 weeks...who knows the HG may go by then anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment