Tuesday, September 22, 2009

HG is back but the 13 week scan was amazing


(I look cute from the side)
(But really spooky from the front rah!)

Really bad HG over the next 11 days darn it!

I am vomiting lots of blood again and have turned yellow skinned! For some reason I do not want to go to hospital. I have to sleep in a separate bed from bug as even his smell makes me sick. Now I know I am ill as he actually has NO SCENT! I have always thought that he is like the scentless Grenouille in the book Perfume but without the murderous villan bit.

However, a good thing in this time, a great thing was our 13 week scan. It feels like a long time ago that I last saw them both and I was very suprised at what we both saw today. No, don't worry it is not triplets! They were moving, dancing in fact. I did not expect this as I have only seen static pictures before. They looked like teeny tiny babies as well with lovely cute face profiles. We were gobsmacked. We saw tiny feet and long legs it was amazing!

The point of the 13 weeks scan is to see if there is a chance that the fetus could have downs syndrome or another chromosonal problem. They measure the thickness on the back of the babies neck and also take your blood. With the combined data from both tests they can give you a statistic on the likelyhood of your baby having downs.

As our is a twin preg we could not have the blood test as statistical data so we were just given the nuchal test to measure the back of the neck. One of the juniors kept dancing away in there and the sonographer took a very long time to capture it's neck! One was very well behaved and pretty still. Guess who takes after who hmmm?

The outcome of the test was a 1 in 1646 chance of twin B have downs and a 1 in 455 chance of twin A. That is over average for my age and the doctors said it was a positively good result and did not recommend any further test! Yippeeeeee I feel 10 stone lighter!

Seeing them also makes HG easier to cope with. I cannot feel the junior yet and I do not look pregnant, I just feel ill so to see two moving active babies is a massive joy and boost.

No comments:

Post a Comment