Monday, July 27, 2009

So it is now the 26th July and I am fiveish weeks preggos. We are on our way up to Edmonton as we are both taking part in the Tour de L'Alberta - a cyclosportive north of the city. I was joining Bug on the 160k ride but due to the summer heat I am going to be careful and just be steady on the 100k ride instead.

So we have had our news settle in now and you know what? Bug was great, he was brill. He said wow and that one is ok, it will not change our lives negatively. We can take junior hiking with us in one of those baby rucksacks and it will be fine. I love this man :)

I have told my friend Lizzy about being pregs and she started her morning sickness at 6 weeks on the dot. I very much doubt I will be someone who is lucky enough not to get MS, I was sick even on the pill!. I am expecting it and have a list of things to cope with it. Lizzy swore by white seedless grapes and I read that if you feel nauseous that means you are hungry. I have noticed my appetite decreasing quite dramatically in the past few days tho so maybe I will escape it???

So we do our rides. Bug is back first in his race and I did a steady 3 1/2 hours - that's ok I guess, I am pregnant! I avoided some goons crashing - mostly triathletes who just cannot ride in groups doh!

Speaking of triathlons. I had pulled out of the Calgary 1/2 Ironman before I found out I was pregnant. I was being treated for painful hip bursitus so not allowed to run. I have been forwarded to next years entry...I will have only 4/5 months to get fit again after junior arrives!

I really hope that I can emulate Paula Radcliffe and keep training until birth. Only high risk pregnancies have restrictions. Doubt I fall into that category.


No comments:

Post a Comment