Friday, January 22, 2010

18th Jan, best weekend ever!


I had been planning something for me and BUG and was keeping it a secret...we eloped over the weekend and got married in Banff!


It was a fabulous long weekend. We stayed at the buffalo mountain lodge on tunnel mountain and it was just right. They have lots of lodges instead of a large impersonal hotel. You check in and then drive or walk to your lodge room in a separate building. Our room had an open log fire, and space to ourselves :-)


I thought that I had forgotten to pack my anti sick drugs and contemplated driving home in the middle of the night to get them..then I remembered I had them in the car PHEW! Without them the nausea and vomiting comes back very fast and would of shadowed our weekend like a big, wet green cloud.


We tied the knot on Norquay meadow, a snowy mountain meadow that overlooks Banff townsite. My flowers were silk due to the minus temperature and the great florist in Banff had made the bouquet at very short notice!

“We can certainly help you with a bouquet, when are you getting married”

“In an hour”


I loved this weekend, it was just us two, our own time, schedule and plans. It was still seriously emotional exchanging vows and the ceremony and did feel very important a moment despite our outfits and lack of crowd.


Norquay is the bald patch of grass (or snow) on the mountain slightly to the left on the Sulphur Mountain Web Cam. I used to look at this view all the tine when we lived in London, I cannot believe that we now live here and got hitched here too :-)


PS - If camera is black then that means it is NIGHT TIME.


No comments:

Post a Comment