Tuesday, December 1, 2009

BED REST

I had a 24 week ultra sound today. I thought it was going to be a standard scan like I have been getting used to but mostly they just wanted to look at my cervix measurements.

A 'good' and closed cervix should measure over 3cm ( I think...bear with me!) . They start to flag it if you are less than 2.5 to 2 cm. I was 1.8 and funneling...hmmm. I may have an 'incompetent cervix' The doctor explained it to us and said it is a red flag for early labour and I may be having steroids to help the juniors in case bed resting does not work. I have been googling it all day since and worried myself in to a stress ball. Hopefully I can get hold of my elusive OBs tomorrow and get some more info. I am sure it is OK or the doctor at the unit would of sent me straight to hospital.

I have to go to hospital if I have any discomfort but between having spasms of constipation and SPD pain in my pelvis I just hope that I can spot anything else....

No comments:

Post a Comment