Thursday, August 12, 2010

Running

Me weighing a heavty amount, no bum shots allowed - too big!!
Check out the Chariot!
(how do it turn the picture round?)

So I have been running now for 5 weeks. I wanted to start running at 4 months as I have always loved running and it has always been good for weight loss.

Ah...weight loss. At their 4 month doctor appointment (meant to be 3 month but was late) I weighed 84 kilos!!! I have put on a third of my body weight since I was 16 weeks pregnant and I am looked pretty heavy AND HORRORS - I have 'fat back' YUK I hate fat back!! I have never been so weighty so I am feeling pretty bloddy sad about how I look.

How did I get this big? Well, I can tell you :-).

Breastfeeding does not burn calories with everyone and I have eaten a lot of cake! Also I have not left the house to exercise until week 15! After birth I weighed 77kilos, went upto 79 by week 6 and then was 84 at week 16.

SO for the past 5 weeks I have gone out with the Chariot twice a day. My morning walk and then my run. My run loops are both 4.5k. Bearing in mind I have had 11 months of atrophy 4.5k is pretty good and I started it by just walking it for the first week. Then I started adding in little jogs. My boobies were all over the shop so wore another bra on top of other bra and by third week was running to one tree and then walking to next etc etc. Now I can run 3.5 k in one go and my last run I was running parts - not just jogging! It comes back quickly you know. Even if you are a running novice it can only take a month to build muscle up (a bit longer for ligaments etc so don't go crazee). Also, I have the official word and evidence from me that exercise does not reduce milk supply if built up carefully.

I plan to add more distance soon and when winter comes maybe get on the turbo trainer.

I think the kiddies enjoy the routes, they see trees, cars, rivers, bridges, birds and dogs.

A few weeks in and I am stuck at 80kilos but know that I am still having the odd oaty biscuit or slice of cake (shhh heheh) IF I cut down even more then another 4 ks should shift.

Slowly and surely.

No comments:

Post a Comment